THANK YOU FOR CHOOSING VAT-MAN
We've put together a few pointers to help you get started.
Vat-Man is the only MVMS supported by a nationwide team of milk quality and milk cooling experts, so if you get stuck give us a call on 0800 500 387. We're here to help.
VAT-MAN HAS BEEN INSTALLED ON MY FARM. WHAT HAPPENS NEXT?
When Vat-Man has been installed on your farm you don't need take any immediate action.
Once you have started milking we will remotely calibrate DTS Vat-Man on your farm. It takes about three to four milk collections before Vat-Man is fully calibrated. When calibration is complete, we will send you an email to complete your registration.
When you receive the email, follow the instructions, then give us a call on 0800 500 387 to complete the onboarding process.
Where to next? After you have called us, we will link your user details to your account. Next you will need to verify your email address and phone number to get alerts >>
VERIFY YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS AND MOBILE NUMBER TO ENABLE ALERTS
Vat-Man allows for more alerts than other MVMS. This next step is very important to ensure you get the most out of Vat-Man.
To receive text and email alerts, you will have to verify your email address and mobile number.
To do this:
- Click on the USER ICON at the top right-hand corner.
- This brings up this screen, click on your profile.
- To verify your email address, click on the orange icon at the end of your email address, click on send an email to me.
- This will send an email to your personal email account, follow instructions on that email.
- To verify your phone number, click on the orange icon at end of your phone number.
- Then click SEND A CODE TO ME.
- When you get the code number via your mobile come back to this screen and put the code into the box, this will verify your phone number, you will then be able to receive txt alerts.
Once your email and phone has been verified, the icon will change to a grey colour. If it has not changed colour to grey, please contact us on 0800 500 387 for Vat-Man help.
HOW TO SIGN UP MORE USERS
Vat-Man allows you to have more users than other MVMS. You can have up to three users per farm.
To allow access for other users go to https://vatman.co.nz/dts/register.
After you have completed the registration process you will need to call us on 0800 500 387 to have these users linked to your farm.
CUSTOMISE YOUR ALERT SETTINGS
Vat-Man allows you to customise your alerts and how you want to receive them.
To do this:
- Click on the user icon (top right corner) and select Notification Settings to choose how you want to receive your alerts (text, email or both).
- These are all pre-set to be received, untick any alerts that are not required, SAVE any changes.
- Click on the Alert Settings icon (located on the left hand side of your screen) to change thresholds for your alerts.
- These settings are pre-set. Any changes you make need to be SAVED.
HOW TO SAVE THE VAT-MAN APP TO YOUR IPHONE
- Go to Safari and enter vatman.co.nz in the address/search bar.
- Click on the Bookmark Icon (located at the bottom of page).
- Scroll down to Add to Home Screen.
- This will bring up the third screen above – Click on Add.
- This will add the icon to your home screen.
HOW TO SAVE THE VAT-MAN APP TO YOUR ANDROID DEVICE
- Go to the internet browser/Chrome and type in vatman.co.nz into the URL/search bar.
- Depending on your type of phone – click on 3 lines or 3 dots (this will bring up the menu for your browser).
- Click on Add to Home screen or + add page to (this will take you to another screen click on Home Screen).
- Click Add - This will add the Icon on your home screen.
WHAT TO DO IF YOUR MILK TEMPERATURE IS TOO HOT OR COLD
Help is on hand. Vat-Man is the only MVMS backed up by a nationwide team of milk quality and milk cooling experts.
Give us a call on 0800 500 387 for help or to arrange a call-out.
TAKE A GUIDED TOUR OF VAT-MAN
For a full overview of Vat-Man there is a guided tour of the system which can be launched by clicking the help icon (bottom right corner) at the bottom left of the Vat-Man web page. This will give you a quick run-down on how to use and setup Vat-Man for your farm.
The inline manual can be found at the bottom right corner.
If you have any questions, please call on 0800 500 387 and ask for Vat-Man help.